"Maude..I love you!" - "Oh, Harold... That's *wonderful*. Now: Go and love some more."

"Maude..I love you!" - "Oh, Harold... That's *wonderful*. Now: Go and love some more."

"As long as there's no price on Love, I'll stay. And you wouldn't want me any other way."

Photo of Martina by Ignazio Nano - all rights reserved

Monday 29 August 2011

* Jason Webley at the Underbelly - 25th August 2011



Ha.

I was looking forward to this one.

Not only because live music is necessary to one's life, but also because Jason is probably the best live performer around.
I was in Reading yesterday for the festival and Muse closed the three muddy days in excellence and a raving crowd. One could feel the energy from miles away, and the set, the lights, the visuals, the fires... I appreciate all of this, it's show-biz, right?
and yet, when it comes to really, *really* loving a musician, it's people like Jason that really touch my heart. With his accordion, his feet stomping on the ground, the intimate venue and his heart poured on a silver plate for those who are willing to listen to him.
Maybe it is the fact the he is approachable. Maybe it is the fact that you see the roads he traveled through his eyes, or hear the mighty trombones in his voice. Maybe it's how much he give to the audience and their incredible response. Maybe... it is his willingness to explore everything whilst staying close to his essence. Maybe i'm wrong. But maybe not. And if i'm not, maybe it is just that Jason is awesome, end of story. No special effects required.



Ps. Jason was supported by another wonderful artist: Thomas Truax. He has a one night per month in Soho at the Spice of Life. I am going to see him there soon, i look forward to finding out more about this artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment